Do you ever run out of healthy snack ideas? I mean you can only eat plain fruit and protein bars so many times before you get sick of them.
Sometimes you just need little refreshers and reminders to come up with new healthy snack ideas, so don’t settle for chips. You can always have a low calorie snack in mind if you’ve got a vision! Yes, food is a huge part of life so you’ve got to be creative at times.
Because boring food sucks.
You can take any of these snacks and mix and match different types of foods to change things up a bit. Sometimes you just need a little creativity to make the tastiest snacks and meals. And to make them healthy too.
And all of these ideas are under 200 calories!
Need some on-the-go snack? Here ya go.
Rice cakes are amazingly versatile. You can create so many different tasty snacks and never get bored.
- Rice cake with one tablespoon of peanut butter. 135 calories
- Rice cake with laughing cow cheese wedge. 70 calories
- Rice cake with 2 slices of turkey and 1 slice of cheese. 155 calories
- Rice cake with 2tbsp salsa and ½ cup avocado slices. 165 calories
You can try lots of different dips and dressings for your veggies to keep them less boring.
- 15 baby carrots and ¼ cup of Greek yogurt ranch. 155 calories
- 15 baby carrots and 1 single serve hummus cup. 185 calories
- 1 cup of broccoli and 2 tbsp of Kraft Lite Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing. 75 calories
- 12 grape tomatoes and ¼ cup chopped cucumber tossed with 2 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette. 110 calories
- ½ cup cucumber slices and 3 tbsp of chive and onion cream cheese. 130 calories
- Any assortment of veggies with light homemade veggie dip. Use one 5.3 oz container of plain Greek yogurt and about half of an onion soup mix packet. (Use more or less to adjust to your taste.) 60 calories per ¼ cup.
- About 50 pretzel sticks and 1 wedge of Laughing Cow cheese. 135 calories
- 1 bag of Orville Redenbacher’s Smartpop popcorn. 100 calories
- 1 100 calorie pack of almonds (or about 14 almonds) and 1 apple, sliced. 180 calories
- 1 cheddar cheese stick and 4 slices of ham. 140 calories
- 41 corn Good Thins crackers with ¼ cup salsa. 140 calories
- 38 Veggie Straws and ¼ of Greek yogurt dip. 190 calories. Or just 130 calories for the Veggie Straws.
- 7 cheddar cheese cubes and 1 1oz box of raisins. 190 calories
- 16 slices turkey pepperoni and 1 mozzarella cheese stick. 150 calories
Got a sweet tooth? I got you.
- Apple or banana with 1 tbsp peanut butter. 185 calories
- Half of a PB&J. 1 piece of Sara Lee 45 calorie bread, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1 tbsp sugar free jam. 150 calories
- 1 cup strawberries drizzled with 1tbsp chocolate syrup. 95 calories
- 1 apple cut up sprinkled with cinnamon. 80 calories
- 24 Lily’s Chocolate Chips (they have no added sugar!) and ¼ cup of Craisins with 50% less sugar. 160 calories
- 1 graham cracker and 4 tbsp (1 for each mini cracker) of Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Whipped Topping. 85 calories
- 1 5.3 oz container of vanilla greek yogurt, 1 tbsp sugar free Jello pudding mix (your choice of flavor, but the cheesecake is delicious) and 24 Lily’s Chocolate Chips. 175 calories
Okay, 25 healthy snack ideas, all under 200 calories. Don’t get bored, create! Which ones will you try and make unique to your tastes?